- Job ID: ADMN-22/23-099
- Location: Kingston
- Deadline: September 30, 2022
- Job Type: Administrative/Management
- Start Date: Immediately
- Department: Facility Management Services
- Number of Positions: 1
- Duration: Full-Time
The Facilities Management Services (FMS) Project Manager under the direction of the Associate Director, Capital Planning is responsible for managing campus renovations, capital projects and for contributing to the long-term strategic capital planning process. The position is proactive in organizing and executing the College’s strategic capital requirements and in procuring the financial resources, construction, and design services necessary to implement the plan and to manage and document the integrated site development activities.
Education and Experience:
A minimum of a 3-year diploma/degree in a related field (engineering technologist, architectural technician, skilled trades, construction technology), or equivalent experience and education. PMP is an asset but not required.
A minimum of 5 years of related work experience demonstrating in-depth project management skills. A minimum of 3 years of working with legislated requirements such as the Ontario Building Code, OHS Act, and Construction Lien Act. Work experience with construction methods, materials, and processes, and building systems (e.g., structural systems, HVAC, electrical, information technology, utilities servicing, general maintenance practices and sustainability). Work experience with procurement processes and knowledge of consultant and contractor contracts.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Valid Class G Drivers License.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent understanding of Health and Safety in construction.
- A thorough knowledge of applicable legislation, regulations, standards, principles/ practices and ministry and municipal policies affecting the College (i.e., WHIMS, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Building and Fire Codes, Zoning Bylaws, Planning Act, Construction Act, etc.) is required.
- A thorough knowledge of project management processes, skills, tools, and techniques is required as well as a proven ability to plan and document projects.
- Excellent budget management skills.
- Excellent ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Proficient with office productivity software (MS Word, Excel), publishing, graphic design applications and database.
- Good understanding of energy management and GHG emissions.
- Excellent understanding of the role sustainability plays in facility operations.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Ability to organize resources, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks with continual interruptions.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Superior ability to use independent judgment to manage and impart information to a range of clientele.
- Ability to manage, supervise, and effectively communicate the allocation and reallocation of space including the relocation of personnel, and equipment related to allocation and reallocation of space.
- Ability to read building design and construction documents.
Physical/Work Environment Essential Requirements:
The successful incumbent must have the ability to report to the work location or work temporarily from a remote location with reliable internet access, as approved by the College and in accordance with the college’s Telework Policy.
Salary & Terms
- Admin Group: Pay Band 10: $77,520 - $96,900 per annum, commensurate on education and experience. In addition to the salary, the position is eligible for pay for performance.
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Posted Date: September 19, 2022
- Closing Date: September 30, 2022 (4:00 p.m.)
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here link and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION
St. Lawrence College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage and welcome applications from members of the designated groups, including women, racialized minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation and identity. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. SLC provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources at email@example.com. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.