- Job ID: ADMN-22/23-052
- Location: Tri-Campus
- Deadline: July 8, 2022
- Job Type: Administrative/Management
- Start Date: Immediately
- Department: Academic Division
- Number of Positions: 1
- Duration: Full-Time
Reporting to the Dean for the administrative management and operation excellence for academic programs of the college, the Team Lead, Manager of Academic Operations is responsible for providing, facilitating, monitoring, and coordinating the operations that support the effective delivery of enrolment planning, human, financial and physical resources planning and management, and control and project management. The position is also responsible for health & Safety. The incumbent provides functional direction of a dedicated group of managers of academic operations and their support staff, providing coaching and mentoring while ensuring excellence in customer service. The Team Lead, Manager of Academic Operations acts as a functional team lead for Managers of Academic Operations across all faculties in supporting the use of consistent, efficient, and effective operational practices and processes, which includes communicating and coordinating academic division operational timelines and deadlines, providing support, mentoring and assistance as may be required. The incumbent is a member of the administrative leadership team and engages actively in business planning and project initiatives while assisting with ongoing endeavours to focus on teaching and learning excellence.
Education and Experience:
A minimum of a four-year degree in Business Administration or another relevant field of studies along with relevant experience related to the functions of the position.
A minimum of seven years of experience in a leadership or supervisor position, coaching for performance and administrative and operational excellence supporting a complex client based in a unionized environment. Experience in a higher education environment is a strong asset. Demonstrated experience managing human resources, financial and physical capital, including forecasting, managing, and monitoring complex budgets. Strong project management experience to coordinate the activities of a similar group of managers of academic operation is essential. Experience applying strong communication, conflict resolution and negotiation skills to influence results and strategic direction is required.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Advanced knowledge of administration, human resources, financial and physical resource management.
- Proficiency with computer technology, excel spreadsheets and presentation software (Microsoft Office Suite); email communications (Outlook); PeopleSoft Student Information Systems and Financial Systems, and Databases.
- Demonstrated advanced client services orientation and skills.
- Project management knowledge and skills and knowledge of process improvement methodology such as LEAN.
- Skill in managing human, financial and physical resources.
- Financial acumen necessary to assist Deans and Associate Deans to forecast, develop, monitor, and report on complex budgets.
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Strong time management, prioritizing and multi-taking skills in an environment and the ability to work under the pressure or timelines with competing priorities.
- Assertiveness along with diplomacy, political sensitivity, and patience,
- Ability to work collaboratively in a complex and matrix environment as part of the Academic Division team
- Highly developed communication skills, written and verbal and consultation skills to effectively handle interactions with individuals at all levels of the college and with external stakeholders.
- Ability to adjust to change, model the adoption of change management and foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement.
- Models the organizational values of Students-First, Teamwork, Integrity, Innovation and Belonging
Physical/Work Environment Essential Requirements:
The successful incumbent must have the ability to report to the work location.
Occasional travel to other campus locations may be required.
Salary & Terms
- Administrative Group: Pay Band 11: $87,433 - $109,292 per annum, commensurate on education and experience. In addition to the salary, the position is eligible for pay for performance.
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Posted Date: June 23, 2022
- Closing Date: July 8, 2022 (4:00 p.m.)
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here link and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME BARGAINING ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION
St. Lawrence College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage and welcome applications from members of the designated groups, including women, racialized minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation and identity. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. SLC provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Belonging, Human Resources and Organizational Development at firstname.lastname@example.org. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact email@example.com and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.