- Job ID: ADMN-22/23-026
- Location: Kingston with Tri-Campus Responsibilities
- Deadline: June 3, 2022
- Job Type: Administrative/Management
- Start Date: Immediately
- Department: Faculty of Applied Science, Technology and Trades
- Number of Positions: 1
- Duration: Full-Time
Provides broad academic leadership to the diverse programs within the school. Current programs include Electrical Engineering Technician, Biotechnology Advanced, Civil Engineering Technology, Computer Systems Technician, Computer Programming and Analysis, Computer Programming, Cybersecurity, Energy System Engineering Technician, Energy System Engineering Technology, Control Engineering Technician, Control Engineering Technology, Veterinary Assistant, Veterinary Technology, and Wind Turbine Technician. Also responsible for developing opportunities in and delivering of applied research activities. Ensures the objectives of the programs are attained through effective management of teaching and learning processes and performance measures. Manages compliance with federal, provincial, and international regulatory bodies and legislation related to program delivery and development. Facilitates the on-going review of existing programs and the development of new programs to reflect market changes and the employment needs of industry. Conducts investigations of complaints from students and staff and initiates the problem-solving process. Establishes positive relationships with service sector, industry and business representatives and participates in College’s student recruitment and job placement initiatives. Supports outreach with the local community and school boards. Develops effective communication strategies to ensure exemplary school operations. Operationally responsible for a $7 Million dollar budget which includes identifying problems, problem solving, developing solutions, and providing recommendations to the Dean and financial services. In partnership with Student Affairs, leads the development and implementation of student success, student development and career development initiatives for the school. In partnership with Program Planning, Development and Renewal (PPDR) department, is responsible for quality assurance and compliance with outside agencies including outside accreditation requirements for the Veterinary Technology Program, which include the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association, The College of Veterinarians Ontario, the Canadian Council for Animal Care, OMAFRA and others. Provides leadership, management of applied research projects as well as budgetary responsibilities to meet the requirements of funding organizations.
Education and Experience:
A minimum of a Master’s degree in a science or technology-related field of study. A Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation is preferred.
A minimum of 9 years of progressive leadership responsibilities and experience in Academic and Union environments / Adult Education with experience with curriculum design, program development, problem-solving, dispute resolution, budgeting, strategic planning, resource management, and talent management. Experience in Animal Care and/or Research and Development roles are assets.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Ability to operationalize the College's strategic directions.
- Demonstrated track record in successfully leading and managing people, including developing talent.
- Demonstrated facilitation, consultation and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate effectively within a team environment.
- Evidence of leading others toward academic excellence.
- Ability to managing complex budgets.
- Well-developed understanding of business/ financial processes and systems.
- Proficient in computer applications.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills highly focused on employee and student relationships.
- High levels of energy, self-awareness, self-confidence.
- Flexible and positive, with an open, collegial, collaborative leadership style that values teamwork.
- Highly efficient within a multi-tasking environment.
- Well organized and capable of working in a self-directed manner.
- Strong commitment to academic excellence and student success.
- Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Time Management skills.
Physical/Work Environment Essential Requirements:
Currently all individuals who are attending St. Lawrence College Campuses and other College facilities will be required to wear a face mask in accordance with St. Lawrence College’s Face Mask Policy. To access the policy, click here.
The successful incumbent must have the ability to report to the work location or work temporarily from a remote location with reliable internet access, as approved by the College and in accordance with the college’s Telework Policy.
Salary & Terms
- Administrative Group: Pay Band 13: $103, 229 - $137, 637 per annum, commensurate on education and experience. In addition to the salary, the position is eligible for pay for performance.
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Posted Date: May 11, 2022
- Closing Date: June 3, 2022 (4:00 p.m.)
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here link and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION
St. Lawrence College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage and welcome applications from members of the designated groups, including women, racialized minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation and identity. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. SLC provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact email@example.com and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.