- Job ID: ADMN-21/22-097
- Location: Kingston
- Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Job Type: Administrative/Management
- Start Date: Immediately
- Department: Financial Services
- Number of Positions: 1
- Duration: Full-time
Reporting to the Associate Director, Budgets and Planning, the Senior Budget & Financial Analyst is responsible for the financial review of grant proposals and providing budgeting, financial analysis and financial reporting support for successful proposals. The Senior Budget & Financial Analyst acts as a resource and advisor to business leads of grant proposals, to provide them with information and guidance to complete preparation of budgets for grant applications. In addition, the Senior Budget & Financial Analyst develops and maintains PeopleSoft nVision reporting to enhance information on grants for budget managers, the budget team and the financial reporting team.
Education and Experience:
Minimum of a 4-Year-Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting. Professional Accounting Designation (CPA) would be an asset.
Minimum 5 years of experience required. Proven experience developing budgets and performing financial analysis using complex financial systems. Experience reporting and presenting complex financial, statistical and other information. Experience working successfully with people at all organizational levels.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Advanced working knowledge/competence and a keen interest in the use of integrated financial systems.
- Knowledge and skills in the use of PeopleSoft nVision would be considered an asset.
- Expert with advanced functions in Excel.
- Exceptional analytical skills combined with intuition, creativity and sound judgement.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial analytics, planning and forecasting techniques, as well as business processes.
- Familiarity with Public Sector Accounting Standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to explain accounting procedures with non-financial personnel across the diverse College community.
- Ability to present complex financial, statistical and other information in a clear and understandable manner.
- Ability to work successfully with diverse and sometimes conflicting interests and philosophies.
- Ability to deal confidently with senior managers, staff members, Ministry representatives, etc.
- Ability to resolve issues independently.
- Highly client service oriented.
Physical/Work Environment Essential Requirements:
Incumbent may be required to sit and work at a computer station for extended periods of time. Incumbent may have to talk on the telephone for a considerable amount of time.
The successful incumbent must have the ability to report to the work location or work temporarily from a remote location with reliable internet access, as approved by the College and in accordance with the college’s Telework Policy.
Salary & Terms
- Administrative Group: Pay Band 9: $68,229 - $85,287 per annum, commensurate on education and experience. In addition to the salary, the position is eligible for pay for performance.
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Posted Date: August 2, 2021
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here button and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION
The College is committed to employment equity. We encourage members of the designated groups to apply and self-identify. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. We will make appropriate accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process for applicants with disabilities on request, prior to the assessment phase. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.