- Job ID: ADMN-21/22-037
- Location: Kingston
- Deadline: Open until filled
- Job Type: Administrative/Management
- Start Date: Immediately
- Department: Information Technology Services
- Number of Positions: 1
- Duration: Full-time
The area of focus for the IT Systems Architect & Administrator, PeopleSoft is the PeopleSoft systems. An expert level knowledge and depth of experience in the field of PeopleSoft is required. This role is responsible for the application of their expert knowledge to ensure successful operation of PeopleSoft systems and services. This position is responsible for providing leadership in the areas of PeopleSoft architecture, operations, support and project technical tasks.
The IT Systems Architect & Administrator, PeopleSoft is accountable for effectively architecting and managing the technical aspects of the college’s PeopleSoft systems. Using advanced technical skills in the PeopleSoft technical domain, this role takes proactive steps to design and implement improvements to PeopleSoft in order to improve value delivery and avoid service disruptions or performance degradations. This position is accountable for resolving support issues related to operations of the PeopleSoft and is the primary role responsible for coordinating resolution of the issues. This position is the primary point of contact for technical support with Oracle and is responsible for managing communication between Oracle technical support and the extended ITS team during issue resolution. As part of the ITS team this position is called upon to provide backup coverage for others in the team. Frequently it is necessary to work outside of regular working hours to resolve critical operational and support issues or to perform project tasks as deemed necessary by the Associate Director, IT Systems PeopleSoft Services & Sustainability.
Education and Experience:
A minimum of a Three-year diploma/degree in a relevant field of study.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in IT solutions architecture and systems administration, providing leadership in managing projects, gathering requirements, developing and analyzing solutions.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Project Management: PMI Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) designation
- IT Service Management: ITIL v4 Foundation Certification
- Business Analysis: International Institute of Business Analysis Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA) Certification
- PeopleSoft: PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.5x Certified Implementation Specialist
- Microsoft Azure Platform: Azure Administrator Associate; Azure Security Engineer Associate; Azure Database Administrator Associate
- IT and Information Security: CompTIA Security+; Palo Alto Networks Certified Entry-level Technician (PCCET)
- Core Networking: CompTIA Network+
- PeopleSoft Technical Manuals and Guides
- ITIL framework for IT service management
- COBIT framework for IT governance and value delivery
- PMI framework and standards for project management
- Agile Methodology
- Lean Methodology
- Kanban Principles
- Lawrence College strategic plan, business plans, policies and procedures
- Lawrence College ITS strategies, standards, policies and procedures
- Government privacy and freedom of information legislation
- Audit requirements for information systems
Physical/Work Environment Essential Requirements:
This position opportunity would lend itself well to remote work from an Ontario location. Candidates interested in remote, on campus, or a hybrid work arrangement should feel free to apply.
Salary & Terms
- Administrative Group: Pay Band 10
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Pay Range: $76,753 - $95,943 per annum, commensurate on education and experience. In addition to the salary, the position is eligible for pay for performance.
- Posted Date: May 05, 2021
- Closing Date: Open until filled.
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here button and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION
The College is committed to employment equity. We encourage members of the designated groups to apply and self-identify. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. We will make appropriate accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process for applicants with disabilities on request, prior to the assessment phase. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.