- Job ID: ADMN-20/21-108
- Location: Kingston with Tri-Campus Responsibilities
- Deadline: April 15 / 2021
- Job Type: Administrative/Management
- Start Date: Immediately
- Department: Program Planning, Development, and Renewal
- Number of Positions: 1
- Duration: Full-time
The incumbent is responsible for leading a team of curriculum specialists and overseeing all curriculum development and alignment initiatives at the college. In this role, the incumbent will provide internal leadership to the College with regards to curriculum and program development as part of the college’s existing quality assurance processes. The provision of curriculum development support will also include working with faculty in order to create new or redesign existing courses. This work will require the incumbent to review existing learning outcomes with discipline specialists and identify appropriate assessment strategies based on course modality (i.e., face-to-face, hybrid, and online).
Reporting to the Dean, Program Planning, Development and Renewal (PPDR) the incumbent works collaboratively in a team environment within PPDR and across the College. The PPDR is responsible for leading quality assurance and specific initiatives in all aspects of program lifecycles, including new and renewed innovative program and course development, hybrid/online course design, integration of educational technologies for learning, pathways, and other Strategic Initiatives and SMA – related institutional priorities. The incumbent will work directly with faculty and Associate/Campus Deans to provide leadership and guidance relating to curriculum/program development projects.
Education and Experience:
Minimum of an undergraduate degree with experience in Curriculum Studies, Instructional Design, and hybrid/online learning. Additional training (e.g., Bachelor of Education or Master’s degree) in the specific field is preferred. Advanced knowledge of curriculum development, alignment, and authentic assessment strategies. Must be able to integrate adult learning strategies into curriculum development and team processes.
A minimum of five years of experience leading curriculum development initiatives pertaining to course or program development, innovative pedagogies and/or curriculum renewal at the post-secondary level. Experience writing learning outcomes/competencies and aligned assessments and rubrics, within a post-secondary teaching environment and consistent with the principles of UDL. Practical knowledge involving micro-credentials, modular curriculum development, pathways, and prior learning assessment would be considered assets. Demonstrated experience creating instructional components using a quality assurance framework. Proven experience as an instructor within post-secondary environments or a facilitator/trainer in private industry course or program development, teaching and/or curriculum development experience in face-to-face, hybrid, and online instruction at the post-secondary level, experience in writing learning outcomes, assessments, and rubrics within a post-secondary teaching environment.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Applied and theoretical background in curriculum, instructional design strategies, and competency-based learning.
- Experience teaching face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses at the post-secondary level.
- Proven experience in writing learning outcomes and participating in course/program development processes as well as curriculum alignment exercises.
- Familiarity with the Framework for Programs of Instruction outlined by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) and Ontario College Quality Assurance Services (OCQAS).
- Proven experience using a Learning Management System (preferably Blackboard) in the development of course content and assessments.
- Experience integrating educational technology to facilitate instruction and assessment.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team and participate in consultative decision-making.
- Demonstrated organization, managerial, and project management skills.
- Ability to coordinate and carry out long-term projects with minimal supervision.
- Effectively manage several projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to produce quality written documentation and to present orally in a manner that is effective to a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to enthusiastically engage a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills to support individuals with a wide variety of skillsets.
- Commitment to inclusive practices
- Focused on continuous quality improvement
- Adaptable and positive in response to challenge and change.
Physical/Work Environment Essential Requirements:
The successful incumbent must have the ability to report to the work location or work temporarily from a remote location with reliable internet access, as approved by the College and in accordance with the college’s Telework Policy.
Salary & Terms
- Administrative Group: Pay Band 10
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Pay Range: $75,993 - $94,991 per annum. In addition to the salary and benefits, the position is eligible for pay for performance.
- Posted Date: April 1, 2021
- Closing Date: April 15, 2021 (4:00 p.m.)
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here button and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION
The College is committed to employment equity. We encourage members of the designated groups to apply and self-identify. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. We will make appropriate accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process for applicants with disabilities on request, prior to the assessment phase. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.