- Job ID: ADMN-20/21-104
- Location: Kingston
- Deadline: April 19 / 2021
- Job Type: Administrative/Management
- Start Date: Immediately
- Department: School of Community Services
- Number of Positions: 1
- Duration: Full-time
Provides broad academic leadership to the diverse programs within the School of Community Services. Ensures the objectives of the programs are attained through effective management of teaching and learning processes and performance measures. Manages compliance with federal, provincial and international regulatory bodies and legislation related to program delivery and development. Facilitates the on-going review of existing programs and the development of new programs to reflect market changes and the employment needs of industry. Conducts investigations of complaints from students and staff and initiates the problem-solving process. Establishes positive relationships with service sector, industry and business representatives and participates in College’s student recruitment. Develops effective communication strategies to ensure exemplary school operations. Operationally responsible for a budget which includes identifying problems, problem solving, developing solutions and providing recommendations to the Dean and financial services. Leads the development and implementation of student success, student development and career development initiatives for the School. Responsible for quality assurance for all academic areas under the purview of the School of Community Services, including compliance with PEQAB guidelines for an applied degree. In addition, provides leadership oversight to the Centre for Behavioural Studies.
Education and Experience:
Master's Degree or equivalent in adult education or educational administration, or a discipline specific to Human Services. Diversity in educational specializations is preferred.
Minimum of 9 years of progressive leadership responsibilities and experience in Academic environments / Adult Education with experience with curriculum design, program development, problem-solving and dispute resolution, budgeting, strategic planning and resource management, and talent management. Human Services/community service experience and post-secondary teaching experience will be considered assets.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Ability to operationalize the College's strategic directions.
- Demonstrated track record in successfully leading and managing people, including developing talent.
- Demonstrated facilitation, consultation and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate effectively within a team environment.
- Evidence of leading others toward academic excellence.
- Ability to managing complex budgets.
- Well-developed understanding of business/ financial processes and systems.
- Proficient in computer applications.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills highly focused on employee and student relationships.
- High levels of energy, self-awareness, self-confidence.
- Flexible and positive, with an open, collegial, collaborative leadership style that values teamwork.
- Highly efficient within a multi-tasking environment.
- Well organized and capable of working in a self-directed manner.
- Strong commitment to academic excellence and student success.
Physical/Work Environment Essential Requirements:
The successful incumbent must have the ability to report to the work location or work temporarily from a remote location with reliable internet access, as approved by the College and in accordance with the college’s Telework Policy.
Salary & Terms
- Administrative Group: Pay Band 13
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Pay Range: $102,207. - $136,274 per annum. In addition to the salary and benefits, the position is eligible for pay for performance.
- Posted Date: March 29, 2021
- Closing Date: April 19, 2021 (4:00 p.m.)
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here button and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION
The College is committed to employment equity. We encourage members of the designated groups to apply and self-identify. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. We will make appropriate accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process for applicants with disabilities on request, prior to the assessment phase. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.