- Job ID: ADMN-20/21-075
- Location: Kingston with Tri-Campus Responsibilities
- Deadline: April 15/ 2021 4:00 pm
- Job Type: Administrative/Management
- Start Date: Immediately
- Department: School of Contemporary Teaching and Learning
- Number of Positions: 1
- Duration: Full-time
The incumbent is responsible for supporting the integration of Indigenous knowledge and ways of knowing and being into curricula and teaching practices at St. Lawrence College. This work will require the incumbent to design/deliver professional learning opportunities on Indigenous pedagogy, provide guidance on program curriculum to enhance Indigenous knowledge, consult with academic schools on training requirements, and collaborate with various departments on student/staff training initiatives.
Reporting to the Associate Dean, School of Contemporary Teaching & Learning (SCTL), the incumbent will work with a multidisciplinary team of teaching/learning professionals located on all three campuses. The incumbent will also be required to collaborate with members from Indigenous Student Services (tri-campus) as well as the Program Planning, Development, and Renewal (PPDR) on multiple initiatives.
Additional responsibilities will include participating in internal/external committees as well as engaging with Indigenous communities and organizations to seek out new learning opportunities for staff/students.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum four year degree in Education (or closely related field) with experience integrating Indigenous ways of knowing and being in teaching practice
- A Graduate Degree in Education with a specialization in Indigenous Education is preferred
- Candidates who do not meet the western education qualification, may submit a detailed summary of their Indigenous/Cultural knowledge for consideration
- Minimum of four (4) years of progressive experience working with Indigenous educational programming. Significant experience living and/or working with Indigenous communities and diverse communities and stakeholders including Elders, Knowledge Keepers, community members and well-versed in protocol matters related to Indigenous (Aboriginal) relationships is essential. Demonstrated experience in educational program planning, facilitation, and consultation is preferred. Experience in the field of educational development with a post-secondary teaching and learning centre is an asset. Research and teaching experience at a post-secondary level is an asset.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Knowledge in curriculum development and faculty development
- Demonstrated ability to manage programming with proven vision and initiative grounded in Indigenous epistemologies
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of equity and diversity, and proven ability to deal effectively with a diverse population
- Demonstrated ability to develop and facilitate professional development activities is an asset
- Knowledge of Indigenous language is an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and high levels of energy and empathy
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong collaborative orientation; ability to work both independently and consultatively within a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including academic and professional writing experience
Physical/Work Environment Essential Requirements:
The successful incumbent must have the ability to work from a remote environment with reliable internet access and adhere to the college’s telework policy, as required. This position is based from Kingston campus, but has Tri-Campus responsibilities
Salary & Terms
- Administrative Group: Pay Band 10: In addition to the salary range of $75,993 – $94,991 the compensation package includes a performance-based salary program and a comprehensive benefit package. Starting salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Posted Date: March 15, 2021
- Closing Date: April 15, 2021 (4:00 p.m.)
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here button and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION
The College is committed to employment equity. We encourage members of the designated groups to apply and self-identify. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. We will make appropriate accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process for applicants with disabilities on request, prior to the assessment phase. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.