- Job ID: ACAD-INV-PT-21/22-048
- Location: Kingston
- Deadline: June 21, 2021
- Job Type: Faculty
- Start Date: September, 2021
- Department: School of Business
- Number of Positions: 1
- Duration: Part-time
St. Lawrence College is currently seeking qualified Professors on a part-time basis with experience and expertise to teach Office Administration in the School of Business.
This position will be primarily located at the Kingston Campus; however, Professors must be willing to teach, as needed, at our Campuses in Kingston, Brockville or Cornwall. Candidates must be available to teach Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 am and 8:30 pm.
The responsibilities of St. Lawrence College Professors include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodate students’ diverse culture and educational backgrounds, experience and individual learning preferences;
- Effectively use educational and advanced technologies, and digital learning methodologies to enhance the student learning experience;
- Developing curriculum that is appropriately designed and uses evidence-based tools and strategies to support and assess student learning;
- Utilize principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Ensuring that course and program curriculum is current and relevant with a lens on the future;
- Working effectively with learners, colleagues, program and interdisciplinary teams as well as internal and external stakeholders;
- Effectively use the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning to build a contemporary and evidenced based practice.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
Education / Certification / Designation:
- Educations Specific to the position: Master’s degree in business, or another discipline relevant to the duties of the position along with experience. An equivalent combination of relevant education in Office Administration and experience may be considered.
- Experience specific to the position: Minimum 5 years of practical and current experience in medical or health office administration is an asset.
- Experience with Business Intelligence applications like Power BI, Tableau, etc. is an asset
- Teaching experience using a Learning Management System and virtual meeting technology system.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level or experience in adult instructions techniques and practice using principles of andragogy and curriculum design experience will be required.
- A demonstrated practice supporting a diversity of learners.
- Experience participating in industry-led or community-based applied research will be an asset.
- A proven track record of life-long learning.
- A demonstrated commitment to putting “students’ first”.
- Training in LivingWorks: Suicide Prevention program will be required. Candidates should indicate whether they have completed this training or are willing to engage in this training.
- Candidates are requested to list all St. Lawrence College teacher training or equivalent they possess on their resume.
- A global mindset, and intercultural knowledge and competence to teach in a global environment including international students is required.
- An understanding of the Ontario college system is preferred.
- Successful candidates are expected to model and promote our College values of: Students First, Teamwork, Innovation, Integrity and Belonging.
Candidates who do not meet the education specified but who possess a relevant and acceptable combination of education, training, and a depth of industry experience may be considered.
Candidates seeking faculty positions with the College will be required to demonstrate the ability to design, facilitate and assess learning in accordance with adult learning principles and universal design in learning (UDL). An ongoing commitment to professional learning will be expected.
Successful candidates are expected to have their own computer, reliable internet connection, and the ability to teach remotely or on Campus, as may be required. The use of virtual meetings through video conferencing software will be required in this role. Professors are also expected to possess or develop proficiency in the use of a Learning Management Software (LMS) to a degree that meets academic standards.
All Professors will be provided with support by the School of Contemporary Teaching and Learning in their onboarding and orientation to teach at St. Lawrence College. Support and coaching is provided to new faculty to provide a a strong theoretical foundation of teaching and learning, and to orient them to the teaching tools and strategies required for teaching in a contemporary and modern learning institution. St. Lawrence College promotes a culture of community in innovative teaching and learning and SLC’s vision of “student’s first” which provides experiential learning opportunities.
Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide a teaching demonstration. Information and details will be provided when interviews are scheduled.
An inventory of candidates interested in teaching courses will be created and retained for a period of one year.
Salary & Terms
Salary and Terms: Hourly Salary Range will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Start Date: September, 2021
- Posted Date: June 7, 2021
- Closing Date: June 21, 2021 (4:00 p.m.)
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here button and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
The College is committed to employment equity. We encourage members of the designated groups to apply and self-identify. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. We will make appropriate accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process for applicants with disabilities on request, prior to the assessment phase. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact email@example.com and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.