As you prepare to take a much-deserved break during the holiday shutdown, considering using our standardized message in your Outlook email auto-response.
Written to provide students and other audiences with holiday shutdown information, emergency and telemedicine contacts, and resources for mental health support, we hope you find it a valuable resource.
Simply cut and paste the content you wish to include in your email auto-response in Outlook:
St. Lawrence College will remain open December 18-24, 2021, however most College operations will be shut down. Learn more about Student Services operations during this time at www.stlawrencecollege.ca/about/covid-19/student-services-and-supports-available.
The College will close from December 25 to January 2 and reopen on Monday, January 3, 2022. Automated processes will continue and students will have access to Blackboard and slc.me.
Find information about the Winter 2022 semester and COVID-19 at www.stlawrencecollege.ca/covid.
International students should contact:
- New Student Arrivals at email@example.com for information about travel, immigration, coming to Canada, quarantine, etc.
- 24/7 iCent Chat Support, available in the iCent app, for immediate answers to your questions about academics, timetables, slc.me, and more.
- Campus security can be reached at 613.544.5400 ext. 5555.
- If you are experiencing an urgent or life-threatening emergency, call 911 or go to your nearest Emergency Department.
- If you have experienced sexual assault or violence, find help at www.stlawrencecollege.ca/sexualviolence
- If you suspect you are ill with COVID-19 or have been exposed to COVID-19, take a self-assessment at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/ and follow the recommendations.
- TeleHealth Ontario: Call 1.866.797.0000 toll-free for confidential access to a registered nurse 24 hours a day.
- MobileDOCTOR by guard.me: International students can access online doctor visits anytime, anywhere, with your visit billed directly to guard.me. Sign up at guard.me/mobiledoctor.
Mental Health Support
If you or someone you know needs mental health support over the break, the following resources are free, confidential, and can be accessed any time. You can find an extensive list of crisis support and wellness resources at www.stlawrencecollege.ca/help
- Good2Talk: A free, confidential crisis line for post-secondary students in Ontario, available 24/7/365. Call 1-866-925-5454 to receive professional counselling and information and referrals for mental health, addictions and well-being.
- Crisis Text Line: A free, confidential texting service, available 24/7/365, powered by Kids Help Phone. Text GOOD2TALKON to 686868 to be connected to a trained volunteer Crisis Responder who is there to listen and support students with any issue they’re facing.
- The Canada Suicide Prevention Service: Text 45645 from 4pm to midnight or call 1.833.456.4566 24/7/365.
- keep.meSAFE by guard.me: Immediate and free, confidential support for international students, accessible anywhere in the world at any time of day or night. Speak with counsellors that understand your culture and speak your preferred language. Students outside of Canada and the USA: call 001-416-380-6578. Students in Canada and the USA: call 1-844-451-9700. Or download the "MySSP" app to chat.