Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or Certificate (OSSC) or be at least 19 years of age by the start of classes Submit a complete application, which demonstrates:
- academic needs that require curriculum modification in order to succeed;
- the ability to provide his or her own transportation to and from the college and field placement locations;
- a level of independence which does not require constant supervision; and,
- a willingness to participate fully in the program.
For OSSD equivalency options, see Admission Requirements.
Stages of the application and selection process:
- Fill out an Ontario Colleges application form (online: www.ontariocolleges.ca)
- Complete and submit the CICE application package to St. Lawrence College’s Admissions office.
Mail to: Admissions Department
St. Lawrence College
100 Portsmouth Ave.
Kingston, ON K7L 5A6
- As part of the application package, provide a confidential reference from an individual who has extensive knowledge of the applicant in an academic or vocational setting (family members excluded)
- Attend an information session
- Applications will be evaluated and qualified applicants will attend a personal interview.
- Once accepted, obtain a current Criminal Background Check just prior to September of the first year of study and submit a completed Placement Immunization Form
- Attend an orientation session
*Please note: Application packages received after the deadline will be placed on a waiting list depending on eligibility.
Criminal Background Check:
Applicants are advised that Criminal Background Checks (CBC) conducted by the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) are required for programs with field or clinical placements. Certain criminal convictions may prevent participation in placements and program completion may not be possible. Attaining and paying for a CBC and Vulnerable Sector Screening (OPP) is the responsibility of the student, and these may have to be renewed every three to six months. Applicants with criminal records are advised to contact the Associate Dean/Campus Dean of the respective school prior to applying.
IMMUNIZATION - COMMUNICABLE DISEASE requirements
Completion of the IMMUNIZATION - COMMUNICABLE DISEASE FORM is a MANDATORY condition
for your clinical/practical placement. THIS FORM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
Download your IMMUNIZATION - COMMUNICABLE DISEASE FORM (pdf)
Questions regarding completion of this form can be submitted to: Immunizations@sl.on.ca
Note: Full-time students coverage for vaccines received on or after September 1, can be claimed under the Student Sickness & Accident Insurance Plan.
Articulation & Credit Transfer Opportunities
Formal and informal pathways offer SLC graduates the chance to continue their studies with post-secondary institutions across Canada and around the world. Those that follow are specific to this program:
For details on Credit Transfer within Ontario please visit: www.ontransfer.ca