St. Lawrence College
Part Time Studies
Graduates will have knowledge of the law and those theories relating to corrections, inmates and young offenders. They will have safety and security skills and the ability to apply their acquired learning in a practical fashion. Graduates may find employment in residences for adult and young offenders, and in community based correctional and/or victim-oriented programs.
Persons holding a college diploma or university degree in another discipline, in addition to this Certificate, may seek employment in a provincial or federal correctional institution.
To successfully complete this certificate program, participants must complete 4 core compulsory courses and 2 electives.
- For your convenience some courses can be started at different times throughout the semester, just choose the course date that fits your schedule.
- The demand for this educational format has increased to the point that we recommend you register before the “Class Start” date to ensure your acceptance into the course.
- A TEXTBOOK is required for many of these courses! Please ensure you check out the course description to see if textbooks are required for your course, AND watch for instructions on the screen immediately after you register.
If additional materials are required for this course such as textbooks and software, YOU are responsible for placing the order through Follett's, a worldwide distributor of college textbooks and educational materials.
Please make a note of your course code (CS## ###) and see the bottom of this page for book order procedure.
BOOK ORDER PROCEDURE
Textbooks can be purchased in person (at the Brockville Campus only) or ordered online at www.efollett.com.
To Purchase books in person:
We suggest if you are driving from out of town to the bookstore to call ahead to make sure we have it in stock 613-345-0660 ext 3215 or 3216 or you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your course code.
To Order Textbooks Online:
- go towww.efollett.com
- under the Canada pull-down, scroll through to Ontario; left click; click Go
- under the Select Your Institution pull down, scroll through to St. Lawrence College; under the Select Your Campus, choose Brockville
- click on Textbooks
- under the Select Division pull-down, select OntarioLearn
- under the Select Department pull-down, select OntarioLearn
- under the Select Course pull-down, select your course (ie. CSAL)
- under the Select Section pull-down, select your section (ie 73)
- select New or Used (if available)
- select Add to cart and Add another course
select Add to cart and Go to Cart to 'check-out'
Bookstore contact information:
Call 613-345-0660 ext. 3215
Lawrence College > Part Time Studies > Online Credit